Thursday 21 May 2009

Day 2: Reality

Recap:

- Woke up easily around 8 a.m. and was immediately excited since I was no longer jet lagged and felt locked into the London time zone.
- Got orientated at AIFS where everyone is really nice and they have a pub located on the first floor. Never thought I would be taking classes in the same building I will also be drinking in.
- Went on a great bus tour of Central London and St. Paul's Cathedral and I probably took over 100 pictures. But about only 4 of them contained human beings, the rest are of various buildings, sights, bridges etc. It was all spectacular.
- Came back and got ready to out to a new bar a little further away from where we were staying. It was a lot of fun, everyone here is awesome.
- Figured out how to use the tubes and bus stops for the most part. The best seat on the bus is the the second floor first row of seats because it feels like you own the street and that you are the director of all traffic. That probably makes no sense unless you have sat in this type of seat.

Random Thoughts:

- London bathrooms (or "toilets" as they call them here) and European bathrooms in general are all tight and unique. A lot of them look like something out of Stanley Kubrick movie. If I ever get rich someday I'm going to convert all my bathrooms to a European style.
- The advertisements here are a lot more poignant, attention getting and just overall better than U.S. advertisements in my opinion. Since there is less censorship in Europe, advertisements are allowed to be more risque, but even the ones that are not racy are still very effective.
- For some reason its funny to me when I hear little UK children speak in their British accents. It seems like they're faking it or something, but obviously they are not and I am just weird.
- I think that my homestay's townhouse smells like Five Guys, which is odd since there are zero Five Guys restaurants on this entire island.

No comments:

Post a Comment